The usual...

Well, since I got the square root of fu^* all done yesterday, today was the
day. And I got about the same amount done, but it was better.

So, due to the underwhelming replies on my aftermarket steering wheel
question, I ripped into my steering column about as deeply as required for
an ignition switch swap.  Not a big deal, but more than I'd counted on for
a steering wheel upgrade. (Naturally, it was the 16V) Removed the plastic
collar that holds the bearing, and replaced it with a spring and the Passat
style splined collar to change the shaft size. Anyway, the new wheel's on
(and looks damned sexy), and I had a lot of other odds and ends to button
up, and of course this called for a test drive (to adjust the steering
wheel). After a long winter, she fired right up, and off I went to pick up
some "emissions related" items from MkI Mark. (my rent-a-cat and a WB O2
sensor, which may have turned out to be a bad idea, the jealousy factor,
the latter's for Klaus)

The car ran amazingly well, even idle, charging at just shy of 14V, oil at
96, water just below the LED. But she was just too docile, so I checked mix
when I got home. 0.00mA, yeah, not what I'd hoped to see. Checking the O2
sensor revealed .03V, off by a factor of 10 or so. I know it drops off
sharply out of the narrow range, but I'm guessing it's dead. I'll muck with
that another day. But both cars are alive anyway. I'll see if I can kill
them both off before Cincy. And I'm guessing I'm into O2 sensors for two.

A good day for a drive, and an unusual photo op, three silver MkIIs all
together, MkI Mark has two of them. (he sleeps with his MkIs, they don't
have to live on the harsh streets :)...) And it was  good to drive her
again, she's such a solid little car, and fun as hell to drive. But you
know, it's about the MkI now....he has a few minor things needed too.

So can we move Cincy up by a month and a bit? I'm ready to hit the road!
Cathy