Dash repair questions

yeah I have a crack free dash as well hidden in my
shop away from the sub, originall retinted blue for m
84 silver rocco, but now I think if I can find another
set of bleu seats, I may put it into the 82 eco-diesel
project unless I re-tint is back to black again.

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You DO NOT want my input on this, but mine's so
> GROOVY BABY! Nobody notices
> the cracks.
> The best solution of course is to get another dash,
> and keep it out of the
> sun. Which is my plan in the long run, the good
> chocolate dash lives in the
> spare bedroom at the moment. All who visit may
> caress it.
> Ben had a repair method he was trying on his,
> certainly with the number of
> hopeless ones out there, somebody will perfect a
> method of repair.
> Cathy
>

> >From: "ATS - Patrick Bureau" <ats@longcoeur.com>
> >To: "'Bryan Rankin'"
>
><d_x20@hotmail.com>,<tberk@sbcglobal.net>,<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> >Subject: RE: Dash repair questions
> >Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:00:50 -0500
> >
> >Well your fiberglass experience when awry because
> you used it directly unto
> >the vinyl, but consider removing the vinyl and
> redoing the fiberglass on
> >the
> >wood/cardboard structure under it, and I bet that
> fiberglass will hold.
> >
> >But chances are because fiberglass is not to
> pliable when dry, it will
> >crack
> >even faster than vinyl will.
> >
> >Just get upholstery vinyl and redoing it is the
> simplest thing (use a heat
> >gun for corners. I have a few dashes lying around I
> may even attempt it to
> >see how hard it can be and see if there is a market
> for it.

> >ATS - Patrick Bureau - Canuck in Texas
> >ATS A1 Parts on ebay - http://tinyurl.com/22e5b

=====
ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b