16v cams - Autotech vs Neuspeed vs TechtonicsvsShrickwichones?!?!

I ran Schrick 268/276 for over a year in my daily driver 2.0-16V Caddy. They
were fun as hell on that OCCASIONAL on-ramp where I could wind the engine out
past 7k and feel the top end pull. (Provided no one was in front of me).

The rest of the time, though-- they were a PITA. Stop and go traffic given
those cams and a lightened flywheel was no fun. They also felt weak when it came
to a "punch it and pass" maneuver unless I dropped a gear (or two) and pushed
for redline.

For those who haven't read any of my Vortex or DCI posts on the subject- that
Shrick (sic) vs TT cam dyno chart posted on Techtonics website IS from my
truck. And although I ultimately got a deal on dyno time from Collin-- I paid and
did the lion's share of the wrenching myself-- it WAS a totally independent
test. Final numbers could have been higher, but as the testing was done on a 97
degree day I wasn't too disappointed. Did about 18 runs total.

What I learned: For my style of street driving, I prefer 16V cams in the 260
degree duration range.

 I also like to eat cold cereal for breakfast-- doesn't mean that it's the
best for everybody... As always, YMMV

Danny
Vancouver, Washington
81 Caddy