Rebuttal - Was: Some questions about Cincy

--- Calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:
> I fully agree with the fact that if Cincy gets covered at
> all that some
> things should be left out.  I think that it's fine to
> mention that it's
> yearly, but the dates should be left out and as far as
> location, I think
> it should just be mentioned that the gathering takes
> place in Ohio and
> is for listers only.

See, I see it somewhat the opposite way.  I would play it
more to the angle that Scirocco.org got together for a big
party in June and this was the result.  I could see the
article as a few pics and some description of the
highlights from the weekend.  I don't think there should be
a mention of it being a yearly event - people can figure
that out by snooping around the site a bit.  If they're
taking that kinda time, they might even join the list.

> I'm still waiting to see what Daun has to say about it
> all and I know
> he'll make the right call since he knows what he's
> comfortable with and
> won't cave into "list pressure".

Flattery will get you everywhere.  ;p  Thanks for the words
of encouragement though - it's a fine line to tread.  I
really think the key to Cincy is its simplicity.  The idea
is to do something that most people will enjoy (like the
"Scirocco" in the backyard for instance) but also try not
to have so much going on that nobody gets to relax.  After
all, isn't that what's best about Cincy, the fact that we
all get together, talk & wrench on our cars for a couple
days, and then go home to look forward to doing it all over
again next year?

I guess we'd need to have a pretty good idea of what we
want covered by an article before trying to pitch the idea
to a magazine in the first place.  Think it over and we can
jump into a discussion about it Monday, I'll be outta town
'til then.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov